Thursday, April 30, 2020
ZeroTier.com: virtual switch for the planet
I was a member of the San Fernando Valley User Group and was well versed in PDP-11. I knew computers were the future. I self-taught how to PEEK and POKE. The first software I wrote was to help the Amish community who had trouble keeping track of the components to make the buggy. Their inventory tracking was done by memory, and they confided in me that sometimes they would lose track of inventory. So I wrote an inventory management software for them. It used DOS INT 21h local file access so I knew it was uninterruptable and inaccessible from outside. It was Safe and Secure, the Amish way. The problem became apparent when IBM built a "networked file system" per IEEE 802.3. At first, I was not so concerned because networked file systems could never be as secure as my local file system, and networked computers would be useless to the Amish because they don't use any electricity or electronics. No one bought the program, but the software allowed me to make Amish friends. Here was my garage network setup on Token Ring, ARCNET, and 10BASE2, just for fun. I kept Novell going after that, and settled on Windows NT 4.0, Solaris, and IBM AIX. The latest network was a small cloud using DMVPN / Quagga stack. It got then simplified with m0n0wall then forked to pfSense. The latest setup was completed when the ZeroTier guys (Adam, Joseph, Grant, Travis) moved into PeopleSpace. I've been using their fantastic network virtualization called ZeroTier One. There was a hardware version called ZeroTier edge (https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/zerotier-edge-open-source-enterprise-vpn-sd-wan#/) which I helped print the box. It runs on Windows, MacOS, Android, iOS, Linux and FreeBSD. You can safely say it works on everything.
-
Can't PING? Turn it back on. Command Prompt (admin) To Allow ICMPv4 to ping netsh advfirewall firewall add rule name="ICMP Allow i...
-
Linxu users can use a command line installation. Debian and RPM based distributions including Debian, Ubuntu, CentOS, RHEL, Fedora, and ot...
-
CMD run as an administrator netsh wlan show drivers netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid=NG0VR2 key=password The hosted network mod...